skip to main | skip to sidebar

Friday, October 7, 2011

In Which I Write About How Enjoying This Experience Has Been.


I used to keep a personal blog but its contents were entirely different from what I write here. My personal blog consists of rants, opinions on matters of less importance, reviews, and just about anything that I could think of. So basically, this was the first time I wrote about something of consistent theme that reaches a large audience.

The theme of our blog requires us to visit places where readers could dine, shop and enjoy under limited budget. The fun starts with brainstorming with my co-bloggers on what we should feature on our entries. We do researches, we make plans, and we save up for our trips. When everything is set, we then bring our plans to life. Because of this blog, I was able to consume the most slices of cake and cups of coffee my heart desires, I finally found a messenger bag that I’ve been dying to have since high school, for the first time I went out of town with my friends, and much, much more. Having good friends around make such experiences worth-remembering.

The fun continues on putting my thoughts into words. I was assigned to write about bargain shopping – something that I enjoy doing – so narrating and sharing my experiences, opinions, and thoughts wasn’t that hard. The challenge in this is how I could keep the readers interested. I have to think of a way on how I could get the page visitor to read my article, and how to keep them interested to read on until the very last word. I have to come up with creative and catchy titles, and keep my articles short and precise but useful and informative.

I learned a lot of things in the course of five months. Since anything you post on the web is for the whole world to see, you have to be cautious in all aspects. Asking your colleagues to proofread your work would definitely help for they could point out any mistakes that you might have overlooked in the first place. You are responsible on what you say (or write) on cyber-space. Your work reflects who you are. To wrap up, I can say that I absolutely enjoyed the whole experience. And if I’ll be given the chance and the resources to continue blogging about bargain shopping or any other topic, I definitely would.

0 comments:

Post a Comment